Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Corporate Photojournalism


Corporate Photojournalism - Images by Scott indermaur

I began my career in newspapers as a photojournalist. I loved the excitement of tight deadlines, the multiple assignments in a day, meeting so many people, experience life in a different way than I would in an office or studio, the daily grind of shooting everyday, and the many other perks that come with working with a newspaper. It was a wonderful experience.

One day I decided to get away from the daily grind of a newspaper and get into the corporate photography arena. Over the years the experience as a photojournalist has been very beneficial. The deadlines, the ability to think quick on my feet, connecting with people, work in all types of conditions and I'm sure this list can go on and on. As many of my corporate assignments may be larger productions, I also find many assignments that take me back to those roots of documenting the daily life of the workplace. Capturing a candid moment as the ideal photograph. I feel I have gone full circle in my career and I have really enjoyed these photojournalist style assignments.

I have introduced a new portfolio called "corporate photojournalism". It contains two projects. One that is ongoing as I document the growth of a new startup company. The other was also a very enjoyable assignment were we documented the making of the GM Malibu in Fairfax, KS.

No comments:

Post a Comment