Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This I Believe - Revealed Grant!!





Today I received notification that I was awarded a grant from RISCA (Rhode Island State Council on the Arts) to help fund the Revealed collaboration with WRNI's This I Believe. I'm very excited about this grant!

I will integrate my Revealed project with Rhode Island Public Radio (WRNI) This I Believe - Rhode Island series by making a special call for up to 15 new subjects to write essays around their spirituality and the essence of who they are. Subjects will verbally record their essay and be photographed as a Revealed subject. Up to fifteen radio shows will be produced and aired on WRNI. The portraits and essays will be displayed on websites, and up to 3 traveling presentations and additional public exhibits will be created.

This I Believe is an international project engaging people in writing and sharing essays describing the core values that guide their daily lives. Over 60,000 of these essays, written by people from all walks of life, are archived on the national website, heard on public radio, and featured in weekly podcasts. The project is based on the popular 1950s radio series of the same name hosted by Edward R. Murrow.

We will begin looking for subjects in August. If you are interested, please contact me. The opening presentation and traveling exhibit will begin in October. You can find out more at WRNI's Revealed website. You can also view additional Revealed subjects at revealedproject.com. Also, don't forget to become a fan of Revealed on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment